Monday, September 24, 2007

There are monsters lurking in the garage....


On my long ride home from my 70-mile biking on Saturday, I had been chatting on the phone with John as I was pulling into the garage.

In my defense:
  • I had mush-brain from the long day
  • I am a woman
  • We have monsters living in our garage
All valid points to make as you will see...

As I was pulling the car into the driveway a large monster lurking in the shadows suddenly leapt out and grabbed my bike rack with the bike on it! He was gnashing his slobbery yellow teeth and started ripping my bike rack apart! Luckily my bike is quite smart and quick on her feet. She escaped by creeping off the backside of the car very carefully hanging by her fingernails to the back hatch until the monster had done it's worst and left unsatisfied that it did not in fact get to take the entire rack with him. My bike did suffer a couple of broken nails, but so far, nothing major.


I was pretty terrified myself! I didn't realize what was happening until a sudden jolt and loud wrenching noise came and the car was shaking! I am lucky to have survived!

Wow, I know, Major breaking news! I really didn't know that we had monsters in the garage. Make sure you get your place checked before something like this happens to you. You know, come to think of it, he might have been the same monster I mentioned we ran into at the Rattlesnake Crags! I bet that's it.

...for some reason or other, John does not believe me... can you believe that?!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your husband is a wonderful, patient man and he deserves an award.

This is the cause of the accident

Rochelle said...

WOW! That's so scary. I'm glad that I can't even get into my garage! You are so lucky to have survived.

fiona said...

Hahahaha!!! good thing your bike is so quick on her feet...er, wheels...Careful, I hear those garage monsters are determined suckers, it might try to get your poor bike again!

Dan said...

There must a dozen monsters in my shop. I can't even see the floor in some places.
You have that smart bike, will trained to run from those monsters.
You will need to gave her snack,(chain oil ?)