Our next appointment is this coming this Thursday (Nov. 1st). My mom is coming with me this time and I'm going to try to score an ultrasound for the blog. If you haven't seen Robyn's little Limabean yet, check it out! They've posted their 14-week ultrasound on their new blog.
As for growth (see the diagram on babycenter.com):
- Fingerprints have formed the the baby's tiny fingertips.
- Veins and organs are clearly visible through the baby's still-thin skin.
- The body is starting to catch up with the head — which makes up just a third of the body size now.
- I'm noticing quite the baby-bump coming in. [see photo below]
- No more puking since the other day. I do get gagged up over this and that though...
- I can now be a strong competitor in a pee-a-thon if it existed
- cravings: I guess peaches but I'm also big on any fruit. Bananas and oranges too, although I just started buying those. Absolutely no orange juice though! (I think it's too acidic and made me throw-up the other morning). I really had a hankering for sweet-n-sour chix chinese food last week. Still sounds REALLY GOOD!
tips/products: I've just started using Belly Smooches, a prego-belly cream to assist with hydration and well, to try to avoid those nasty stretch marks. I discovered it through babycenter.com but there is an official website. Best price and reviews through babycenter really helped. I use it on my entire torso + thighs and bum. I'm a big lotion freak anyway, but I don't like greasy or heavily perfumed lotions. I'm also a stickler on the ingredients. Some say that this is kind of expensive, but when I find a product that I really like and has healthy content, I wouldn't trade for a cheaper knock-off with bad ingredients. So far I am going to continue to buy it. It has a sort of citrus scent, and the consistency is great. The reviews stand up to the actual product quite equally.
[click the image to enlarge] The first tummy photo! I've clearly labeled Inchworm's space as opposed to his/her "winter coat" I've prepared ahead of time. The worse thing is that the baby is pushing the chub I already have, OUT... that plus bloating makes one feel/look more pregnant than they should. Not bloated here
Okie dokie, that's it for today. if I get an ultrasound, I'll be posting this Thursday!