Monday, September 24, 2007

Rocks, Rattlesnakes and Monsters! Oh My!





I went rock climbing up at the Rattlesnake Crags with my family last Friday. These are very impressive to visit and are located up past Shady Cove after you take a few lefts some ways down toward Tiller (Tiller-Trail Hwy). The crew consisted of my Dad, Mom, Ben, Sam, Emily and Myself of course. I had never been.











I didn't in particular climb anything but the trail, but the boys were going to attempt to swing mom and myself from some rocks but it didn't work out so well. Their arms were noodles after the first climb so we settled for lunch instead. It was fine, mom and I stuck to being the photographers.





The rock formations were amazing! We got a lot of cool shots of the climbers. Ben, Sam and Emily did awesome on their climbs. It's kind of scary to watch their spider-like method move
slowly up a sheer rock face.

Some things we found along the way were a Cheese-Its Nest, a rattlesnake (go figure) that Ben promptly removed with a 10-foot stick and a great big rock monster that tried to eat the unsuspecting Ben dangling in his mouth. This was quite the serious situation as you can see. Don't worry, he has escaped safely.




Overall, it
was a great day to be out in the Fall weather... especially with family. My day ended with warm homemade scones accompanied with melting butter and honey on top. That was my indulgence and it was completely worth it!

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

hey didn't we notice something hugely manly in one of those caves we passed through? maybe that's where that monster lived...you know....pvt jk...hahahahah

fiona said...

ummm..."hugely manly...?" Never mind, I don't want to know...