Friday, November 30, 2007

Inchworm: 18 weeks

Babycenter.com Updates:

Head to bottom, Inchworm is approximately 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and weighs almost 7 ounces. Bell peppers are pretty big!
  • The baby is busy flexing arms and legs — which I am noticing more and more.
  • Blood vessels are visible through the thin skin.
  • The ears are now in position and stand out from the head.
  • Myelin (a protective covering) is beginning to form around the nerves, a process that will continue for a year after the baby is born.
  • If we're having a girl, her uterus and Fallopian tubes are formed and in place.
  • If our baby is a boy, his genitals are noticeable, though he may hide them from you during an ultrasound. We will find out in a week!?
My Updates:

I haven't been the slightest sick or nauseous in the past few weeks....hoping that is over with completely. No feet or hands swelling. Oh, and I have gained a whopping 4lbs.

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

I can't wait to see inchworm next week! The ultrasound is so cool in real time. love ya!

fiona said...

It'll be so fun to know what you're having!!! I'm glad you're feeling so great!

Saunders Family said...

Yea a Baby Congratulations sorry it to me so long. happy you are feeling good. Can't wait to know the inchworms gender