Saturday, November 3, 2007

Fat Lumpy Bellies

Today Robyn, Mom and myself went shopping for our first maternity wardrobe. It was quite the adventure! You can really only get things from a few select stores here in Southern Oregon. We got the bulk of the wardrobe at the one maternity shop in the Rogue Valley Mall (I forgot the name).

So this is us with our first changing room session. You might say we grew instant [lumpy] tummy's here. I've heard this can happen when trying on tummy-clothes!

OK so for those of you who aren't catching on, the dressing rooms were equip with a pillow-like tummy with elastic strap that velcros around your waist. Of course we had to run around with our funky looking bellies. It was quite fun to do a Santa Claus type, "ho ho ho!" and make the fake belly bob up and down. hee-hee!




We also went out to lunch/tea at Country Cottage, my mom will follow her post with photos of that. The above pictures were taken with my cell phone camera. You'll have to read my mom's blog for our tea party pictures at lunch. We've also got dual belly pics of Robyn and I (some funny ones in our new pants as well), but I promised Robyn I'd wait until she posted her own belly photos on her blog.

I'm pretty sure we're only a month-ish away from being this big (but not quite as lumpy!). I am curious how big I'll get before we go to Europe. I hate to pee on planes, but with 24 hours of flying (one way) I'm sure I'll have to deal with it more than a few times.


7 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

Molly you look incredible!!! I know you had a fake belly there but you look so thin and vibrant and your hair is long. You simply look radiant!!!!! And I hope you bought that shirt, I lOVE IT!!!!! I'm excited for you both!!! So much fun! It's so cool you guys get to do this together!

Dan said...

They grew so fast. LOL
The cloths are cute and good colors.
Dad

fiona said...

Those fake bellies are hilarious! I admit, I did not catch on, seriously, I was thinking, wow! How far along are they...? Duh... You two look so cute pregnant, even if the tummies are fake right now. You both are simply glowing :D How fun!!

Rochelle said...

I had a terrific time! Thanks for inviting me!

Sutherlands said...

Molly you forgot to mention the other customers in the store. They were almost as amused as us. Most of the rather large ones were saying, "Just you wait..."

I don't care what they say, I can't wait!

Love, Robyn

Andrew said...

That looks like it was a lot of fun. I love that store!! The shirts look great on you guys. Cant wait to see some of the stuff you bought.

Misty Matin said...

The other customers were right. The fake bellies don't really do justice. Clothes I bought in month 5 that I thought for sure would get me through (because they were sooo big) are barely fitting!!! But the good news is, you get to have another fun shopping day :)