Monday, November 19, 2007

Inchworm: 16 weeks

At 4 1/2 inches long (head to bottom) and 3 1/2 ounces, Inchworm is about the size of an avocado! In the next three weeks, it'll go through a tremendous growth spurt, though, doubling in weight and adding inches to the length.

Babycenter.com
updates:
  • The lower limbs are much more developed now.
  • The head is more erect than it has been.
  • The eyes have moved toward the front of the head.
  • The ears are close to their final position.
  • Some of the more advanced body systems are working, including the circulatory system and urinary tract.
  • The heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, circulating the total blood volume through the body many times. (By the end of your pregnancy, this will increase to about 190 quarts.)
  • The patterning of the scalp has begun, though hair isn't recognizable yet.
  • Although closed, the eyes are moving (slowly), and we've even started growing toenails!
My Updates:
  • No more blood in my ear. Never heard back from the dr so I'm clueless on that... ? :(
  • I've got "bubbly" in my tummy in the central location of the baby-ball so I'm sure that's my movement signs.
  • Not sick at all.
  • Feet get soooo tired from standing/walking. I wear my crocs around the house when I'm making dinner or doing laundry, etc. Which helps quite a bit. We have wood flooring through most of the living area.
  • I'm loving Oranges and Honey Bunches of Oats cereal :P
  • Robyn and I do Prego-Yoga once a week, it's a lot of fun. Although we are not that great at sticking to the relaxing breathing parts because we chat a lot. heheh.
At our last yoga day, Robyn told me that Limabean (her baby) kicked her hand while she was laying on her back the night before. All I have are bubblies so far. Robyn told me that I would probably not feel anything for a while because my baby was lazy. haha! Simply put, her baby is always very active in her ultrasounds and mine has always been asleep. Mom has told me that I was a really active baby/fetus... we'll see if Inchworm perks up further down the road. I can feel her/his body shifting around and sliding away from my hand when I poke at her/his water bubble.

I can't believe the rate the baby is growing at this point! I've finished all of my maternity clothes shopping last Friday with mom....until I'm too big for those. It has been really easy to find cute jeans at the only maternity store locally, and they all fit perfect! Easier than shopping for normal jeans. I call them "buckets" because I feel like I'm getting into a bucket when I wear them.

Only 3-weeks until we find out what we're having! Make sure you've voted!

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Yea im so excited robyn felt the baby move. I cant wait to hear what you are having annie needs more friends! Mathias just needs ducklings to follow him.

Rochelle said...

At least the only maternity store is fantastic with cute clothes and the prices are terrific. It's fun going there and picking out stuff. I sure can't wait to know what you're having so I can get down to granny shopping, sewing, knitting, etc. Yeah avocado!

fiona said...

Only 3 more weeks, yay!! I can't believe you have escaped being sick (mostly...) so far -- lucky! Poor baby, trying to sleep and there's mama poking her/him! I like maternity clothes. I especially liked my overalls, for some reason they looked better on me pregnant than not...Oooh, my favorite pants, though, were the maternity yoga pants and gauchos from Old Navy! Soooo comfy!