Saturday, March 29, 2008

Inchworm: 35wks



BabyCenter.com Updates:

Inchworm doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Actually, from our ultrasounds he may be a bit smaller than this estimate from babycenter.com. I'll bet he still doesn't have much room to maneuver though.
  • His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products.
  • Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.
My Updates:

I received a call from the doctor later the day of the ultrasound (last week). She basically told me that he was measuring 2wks behind on the small side, but they don't worry about this unless he was 3wks+ on the small side. She thought this was odd because I was originally sent in to do the ultrasound because I was measuring a bit on the bigger side. She said not to worry because he is quite active. We are going to be doing another ultrasound, although I don't know when - to make sure he is still growing regularly. We aren't too worried as we are hobbits ourselves, we should expect a hobbit-sized baby. haha. He has been very active this week so I'm not putting too much worry into the matter.

Other than that, I'm still keeping busy - walking and going on hikes are pretty much it for now.

I have started working full-time from home which is a nice plus. The company I work for (Morgan & Chase Publishing) has agreed to keep me on through contract work. I will still be pretty involved with all the things I was doing before, only now I am at home doing it. It will make leading up to the birth a lot easier and give me more flexibility for naps or errands or whatnot. I'm pretty lucky to have them give me this opportunity. I will continue to do so after Dominic is born too.

That's it for this week!

2 comments:

fiona said...

That's great that you can work from home! I'm sure it will make things a lot easier :) 5 short weeks?? Wow! I can't wait to meet the little guy this summer!

Rochelle said...

I love hobbits! Maybe you should change his name to Froto.