Thursday, March 20, 2008

Inchworm: 34 wks

BabyCenter.com Updates:
  • Inchworm now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long.
  • His fat layers which he'll need to regulate his body temperature once he's born should be filling him out, making him rounder.
  • His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturingHis lungs are continuing to mature as well.

My Updates:

I had a doctor appointment today (as usual every two weeks now). I keep measuring a bit bigger than normal when she measures my tummy. My weight gain has slowed down quite a bit *whew*. So she sent me over to get an ultrasound just to double check his sizing. I had an hour so I grabbed John from work and we went to the appointment.

Everything is very normal and he is pronounced VERY HEALTHY looking by the technician. She was VERY positive in all the comments and remarking how well he was cooperating and doing. From her comments he shouldn't be a very big baby. He may be around 18" at birth, he has a small head (which would be great for me right?! hahah). I guess around this point the baby should be taking on his parents characteristics. John and I joke that we are hobbits so we're hoping for a hobit-sized baby. j/k. She also said he is not very chubby at this point so he should be a leaner little guy.

She tried to get some good shots for us. The first makes his head look like a blob. He was wiggling around a lot. She liked that he was VERY active. The main focus was his hand and you can kind of see his wrist/other hand under the first. She wiggled him around and he just wouldn't move his hands away from his face. She said the machine couldn't catch the face features because he was moving his hands all around in front of it.

The last thing that might be funny to mention is that he doesn't like to be pressed on. He shys away from it. When he's wiggling and moving around and I'm around family and I say, "oh he's moving now if you want to feel him" then he suddenly stops and shys away. I thought it was my imagination, but I guess not. She was really commenting on this. Thought it was just funny.

Anyhow - Dominic is doing really well and is quite healthy! yay!

(Click them now, I've re-posted through a different browser. they should enlarge now.)

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

Yeah! A baby hobbit! The pics aren't blowing up though. I'm glad he's healthy!

fiona said...

That's great that's he so VERY healthy :) definitely what ya wanna hear! I couldn't get the pics to blow up, either, but I love his little hands. They'll be so teeny. I still am amazed everytime a pair of shoes is outgrown around here, and I hafta stop and remember how little all these hands and feet were!

Dan said...

All I can say, is hurry up and get here. You can't get much bigger. LOL
Dad