Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Inchworm: 32 weeks


BabyCenter.com Updates:
  • By now, Dominic weighs 3.75 pounds (like picking up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long.
  • I'm expected to gain about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, he'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival in the outside world.
  • He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz) - we are betting a full head of dark hair!
  • His skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.
My Updates:

I am being blackmailed at work! OK so I look bald without eyebrows LOL but give me a break, this was taken on a cell phone. One of the girls here wanted to take a picture of me which she told me would not be shared with anyone but this other girl. (ha! yeah right!). I posed anyway for good fun.

She proceeds to send it to me over work email and to this other girl in another department who will probably email it to all her staff buddies and so on. She ALSO printed it out to show someone else. Oh goodness! By the way, the "frame" is a template on her phone - that was the reason she wanted the photo in the first place.

Other than this embarassment that I'm extending to my doing to myself by posting online, I'm doing fantastico!

Ben told me that I must post this, and you always listen to your big brother right?

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

That's hilarious! glad it's not me! Good thing you have a sense of humor.

fiona said...

That picture cracks me up, I'm glad you listened to Ben! I googled "jicama" because I realized that although I've heard of it before, I really have no clue what it is, besides it being Mexican. Ahem (clearing throat): It's also known as a Mexican Potato, Mexican Turnip, or "yam bean" and is usually eaten raw, often with salt, lemon/lime juice and powdered chili. I think I may hafta try that sometime... So, thank you for making me learn something today. And again, hahahahaha!! but, you look very fit and happy :D

Dan said...

Thats waaaaaaay funnny.
It looks like you are on the front of News Week or something.
It will be over before you know it.
And you will be skinny again.
Dad