Monday, October 15, 2007

Inchworm: Week 11

Week 11! Inchworm is still pretty busy growing. Babycenter.com emailed me this update:

Inchworm, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig. She is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.
Not much has changed since last week. I did go on a number of walks and hikes. This week we are going to incorporate swimming along with more walking!

GOALS: I made an event/fitness goal for next year. I will have 4 months from June 1st to train for the Portland, OR Marathon (26.2 miles) which is held annually on October 5th. Hopefully we can find a 1/2 Marathon and/or other running event(s) between that time. Of course, June is a long way off and who knows. Having an event to train or prepare for is a great way to kick yourself in the but with motivation. Even if it's just something small. I tend to like to go all out. I guess it would be fun to say,"I had a baby and ran a marathon this year." Of course I have considered there will be things other than a new baby to deal with a month after the birth... such as leaky boobs and a baby-belly to overcome. haha! I'm sure it will all be an adventure!

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

hahahahahhaLOL....too funny...leaky boobs...hahahahah....hey let's go take a chunk out of biscotti mt. and gorge ourselves! LOL

fiona said...

Wow, Molly, marathons are really, really long...(guess you know that ;) That's a great goal -- you rock! Mine was I wanted to play in the stake basketball games that started 3 weeks after the babes were born, and I did it, c-section and all. I'd been itching to get back out, and it definitely helped w/recovery, IMO! Maybe you can camoflauge the leaky boobs as sweat...