Wednesday, October 3, 2007

9-weeks and counting....

This is what "Inchworm" looks like this week.... we may be a little over 9-weeks so give or take a little bit of growth.

I signed up (for free) at BabyCenter.com for kicks. Now I get an email once a week announcing the week I'm on according to the 5/5 date I originally punched in...along with lots of other random tips (and advertising of course!).

When I link to the site from my email, I get a a few interactive links in the diagram of things like eyes, earlobe, fingers, etc. (whatever is developing currently) with little pop-up notes. You can see
for yourself here if you like.

The email from BabyCenter.com tells me that my new resident is nearly and inch long [about the size of a grape] and weighs just a fraction of an ounce. It seems to be spot-on as we did get to see little arms and legs moving about before Inchworm promptly fell asleep. The ultrasound was quite similar to the shape of this diagram so having seen it in advance helped visualize the shape that we were looking at on the monitor.

OK... I HAD to do this. Because I have plenty of access to graphics software I cut out the baby in the image above to trace and compare to the ultrasound image. haha. Call me crazy or bored but it looks pretty cool. In any case, it should help those of you deciphering head from tail (which I'm told the "tail" has disappeared already).

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

I LOVE this! It sure helps me decide which end is up! Thanks...gramsy

Rochelle said...

Hey does your Btocks look like this? LOL

fiona said...

Good job clarifying, that's some cool software you have! ...this time next year that baby will look pretty different :P

Molly said...

oh no! my btocks are much rounder! haha. I will look really funny being fully pregnant. like a really wavy "S"