Thursday, December 27, 2007

Inchworm: 22 weeks

Babycenter.com Updates:

Inchworm now looks like a miniature newborn and should be checking in at 10.9 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound.
  • His skin will continue to appear wrinkled until he gains enough weight to fill it out.
  • The fine hair (lanugo) that covers his head and body is now visible.
  • His eyes are developed, though the iris (the colored part of the eye) still lacks some pigment.
  • Eyelids and eyebrows are in place.
  • His lips are becoming more distinct, and the first signs of teeth are appearing as buds beneath his gum line. We won't actually see his first tooth until he's around 4 to 7 months old, unless he's one of the rare babies who are born with teeth! weird!
My Updates:
  • My bellybutton is flattened out and I can say "hello!" to the inside of it anytime I want.
  • His kicking is now more like "thumps" rather than little "pulses".
  • He likes to squirm and turn his little butt around more than kick.
  • no cravings, no sickness, nothing like anyone says being pregnant will be (except for the belly).
  • bending in half is harder (to put socks, leg warmers and shoes on

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

I even felt him kick! It's hard to believe he's getting so big and you still look so small!

fiona said...

My bellybutton is still not quite back to normal. I usually didn't have conversations with it though, haha! I continue to be amazed at the lack of not-fun pg symptoms you have had, lucky!!! I want more belly pics, and some with you AND Robyn!

zachariah said...

I love the comparison to a spaghetti squash, how random, who knows what that is anyways? Why not use something a little more mainstream like a papaya? If they didn't have the picture there my mental picture of a spaghetti squash would have been closer to a zucchini.