Saturday, January 5, 2008

Inchworm: 23 weeks

Inchworm is more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango). We're into our 5th month now...

Babycenter.com Updates:
  • His skin is red and wrinkled.
  • Blood vessels in his lungs are developing to prepare him for breathing.
  • He can swallow, but he normally won't pass his first stool (called meconium) until after birth.
  • Loud noises heard often in utero — such as your dog barking or the roar of a vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze him when he hears them outside the womb.
My Updates:

Today's fun event - I blacked out. First time ever. The situation was good though (if ever it could be with something like this).

The scenario: I was stopping by John's work to say hi on my way home from an appointment. As I was walking in I started getting a funny feeling and blamed it on my boots thinking, man, are my boots starting to bother me? I feel really weak or worn out and the day hasn't even started..? dumb boots!

I said "hi" to a couple of his co-workers, then stood there for a minute and really started getting dizzy! All I wanted to do was find John. I'll feel better when I find John, just make it to John...... at this point my vision started to go. I have experienced this feeing plenty of times in the past, usually around my period (sorry guys! TMI I know! haha) and it's due to low-blood sugar or something. So I knew the symptoms, I just needed to find John. For some reason my brain thinks that finding my favorite person in the whole world will make things magically better right?

If you haven't experienced a low-blood sugar crash, I'll explain: Mine at least go like this. First I get really dizzy and queasy feeling, then my vision gets blotchy with something I call "flashy-eyeballs" which looks like a bunch of stadium lights flashing on and off randomly directly in front of your eyes and it wacks out your brain. That's all you can see. In between these flashy-lights you see the real world dimly. Then I start to get really clammy but at the same time, scorching hot and start I start dripping sweat from everywhere. Keeping your eyes open makes the spinning worse... on and on until it passes. Following everything you get really shaky and freezing cold (sweat starts to chill you I guess). Usually sitting down, breathing deep and keeping your eyes shut helps. Not this time I guess...

...So I kept on my flashy-eyed path to John, praying there were no customers in his office. I couldn't even see if he was in his office when I walked up. Luckily, no customers. I sat in a chair across his desk, finally saw a shape I assumed was him and said,"hi, I don't feel so good. hold on a minute." then put my face in my hands because the feeling is so unbearable and sickening... then I guess I leaned my head back against the wall and was gone. I remember sitting there forever thinking, ok go away go away go away. I'm going to die. just go away feeling! haha. Your brain gets all unreasonable and it feels like it will never pass.

When I kind of came back to reality, the first thing I remember was John holding my hand saying,"Molly if you can hear me squeeze my hand." I did luckily! I'm sure he would have called 911 if I hadn't. I didn't believe that I'd passed out, but John said I started making this little choking sound and was unresponsive to pats on my face (well, he said he slapped my face. haha). I do remember thinking, Please don't call 911 that'll be so embarrassing! I'll be fine. I just need a minute. wow this is lasting a long time, I just need a minute though, leave me alone. I'll be fine. Little did I know, our friend/John's manager, Randy and John were on the phone with his wife (who is a mid wife) trying to figure out what to do.

Overall it was quite embarrassing, but I am glad I made it to his office w/out passing out on their cement showroom flooring! I felt terrible for scaring John (and others) like that, but at least I wasn't at the store or driving. And of course it was much better having John there to take care of me rather than some strangers.

So I learned today that at this time in my pregnancy the low-blood sugar (hypoglycemia) kicks in if you have a problem with it previously...and I do. I am already scheduled to do the Glucos test at my next Dr. Appt.

moving on...

I tried to get a belly shot of Robyn and I together at our New Years Eve party, but asked her at midnight and she was in "going home mode" so didn't comply. Sorry guys. I will get some more shots as soon as possible even if they are just me.

So this one looks like it's long enough! Take care and I'll try to catch up on posting....

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

You made that story sound so funny even if it wasn't! I can laugh though because I know you're ok. And DON"T do that again! geesh! It's snowing outside again!!!!!!!

fiona said...

Oh man!! Not fun, especially while pregnant! I'm glad everything's okay, and it was definitely a good thing you were in John's office. I'm impressed you made it all the way to his desk in your flashy-eyed state. Just kinda autopilot, huh? Unfortunately, I've passed out before, too, the sweaty/clammy thing is really weird!