Thursday, December 20, 2007

Baby Stuff Shopping

[Finally!] Here is my latest torso-shot. It really doesn't look much different than earlier shots. I am bigger though. I'll try to get a better one in January... promises, promises. We'll see...

OK,
so here are my unplanned baby purchases. Yes, yes, yes, they were good buys. I agree with my mom, but the next time I go out to do ANY kind of baby shopping I will have a well laid out list!

[click on images to make them larger]

I got all 5-onsies for 4$ and the "little John" outfit for 3$. My mom made a fuss over the onsies being Carters brand. I guess it is supposed to be a good brand? The onsies generally go for .99 each, but I got 4 of the 5 in a pack.















The bassinet was 60$ (you can find the same brand at Target for 80-130$). After I'm done using it, I can take it back to the place I purchased it from and they will redeem 40% of the price I purchased it for (if it is still in good condition still). We figure after the refund we will be renting it for around 20$ from now until the baby is 3-months old or so old. I think that's a good purchase! My mom IS right about all the wood flooring. I like the thought of being able to roll it from the bedroom to kitchen to living room and office. I absolutely do not have good hearing so a baby monitor would only make me paranoid that I wasn't hearing everything ok. Anyway, There are a lot of pluses with having this type of 1st bed.

By the way, regarding the name, I want to get it decided and over with. When we think we have a name I'm sure everyone will know before he's born. :) If we happen to change it suddenly when he's born, I'm sure you guys will survive the suddenness. The name John thought of the other night was Donovan. We already have Joel as his middle name (named for a friend). I REALLY like it... Donovan Joel Bermea. Short names can be DJ or Dono but absolutely NOT "DON". Not an easy one for kids to make fun of too (yes, we are considering him having to survive with his name). So let us know what you think?

6 comments:

Allan Branch said...

You're in the cute pregnancy phase, just wait until you're about to explode. Wait until you get the quiet whispers "she's about to pop".

Megan and Greg said...

I like the name. And when I read the whole name put together- I thought it sounded like a movie star name.

fiona said...

Donovan Joel -- what a great name! I think the nn "Dono" is totally cute :D I love those onesies! And the little outfit is adorable -- sweater vests are so cute, and the shoes!!! What a great haul! And, won't you probably need the bassinet for any siblings that may follow? That is a very handy little bed.

Andrew said...

Great deals!! and I love the name. Poor Annie is so outnumbered by the boys. Oh well Mathias can teach them all about boy stuff!!

Misty Matin said...

You are so ahead of the game! We are two weeks away and have not agreed on a name for this child if it is a boy. I figure we'll be inspired once we see him to choose :)

Sutherlands said...

I love the bassinet and the little John outfit...haha I think he is already a lot like John...he seems much more laid back than the one in my tummy.
Love, Robyn