Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Inchworm: 19 weeks

Inchworm should be weighing in at about 8 1/2 ounces, and he should measure around 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Sheesh! He really looks squashed in there in the image above!

Babycenter.com updates:
  • His arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of his body now.
  • His kidneys continue to make urine.
  • The hair on his scalp is sprouting (hey my mom might just be right about his hair being in!).
  • This is a crucial time for sensory development: Inchworm's brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch.
My Updates:

The tummy grows, that's all I know! I never got our tummy photos so I'm glad Robyn has at least posted her own. I keep meaning to do it so I will keep on trying to remember to do so.

Movement: I can't feel his soft little kicking with my hand on a regular basis yet, but he likes to do this thing where he scrunches up in a ball and lodges himself high in my tummy. Not sure how to explain, but that's what it feels like. Or maybe it's like he's stretching out, but when he does it it feels like I have a large apple pushing up hard to the left of my bellybutton up toward my rib cage. haha. When you touch it it's all hard. From what I've gathered from the last two ultrasounds is he is a content little guy that just wiggles around slowly - unlike Robyn's little heathen. (HAHA!) Man, her little guy is crazy! I do feel my guy tapping a bit when I try to feel him move with my hand, but it's very vague and not consistent enough for John to come feel because I might be three little taps and not be able to feel it again for hours or even days.

*By the way, I know I am quite behind on my posts as I still need to update the rest of our trip. We had stopped posting because we didn't want to pay the ridiculous fee in Rome for Wifi. I wrote our daily adventures in MS Word until I could post them. I will try to do so by tomorrow.

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

I told you I saw hair. So did John's mom. Inchworm is a monkey! only a lazy monkey.

fiona said...

Wow, he sure is squished in there in that picture, if that's the case, ya can't blame him for stretching up into your rib cage! I hope he has curls like his momma!