Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Inchworm: 20 & 21 weeks

My posting is behind schedule, plus our due date moved to a more solid April 30th so it changed week count. I missed the 20-week mark so this is a quickie on 20 and 21.20 weeks: Inchworm was about 6 1/2 inches "head to rump" and about 10 inches head to foot this week - the length of a banana.

21 weeks (up to date):
Inchworm now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long - the length of a carrot. His eyebrows and eyelids are fully developed, and I can certainly feel him move even if he's not wild and rambunctious.

No, we have not named him yet although we do have a middle name we previously picked out. John brought one up for a first name, just last night and I've really taken a liking to it. We'll see!?

Lastly, Never go browsing for baby stuff when you're with your mom if you're not ready to buy things. haha! My mom was out Christmas shopping with me last Saturday and we stopped by another used baby store that just opened. I bought a small, rolling bassinet, 5 onsies and a little "mini John" outfit. All for 70$ (the bassinet was 60$ and brand new). I'll post the goods tomorrow.

*I will also continue to post the remainder of our Europe trip this weekend. (almost done) I will be posting them backdated so they keep with the rest of the trip.

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

In all fairness the rolling bassinet is a great idea for Molly's house. She has practically all wood floors and this way she can roll the baby to whatever room she's in. It IS brand new and comes with a vibrating bed, night light, and music attached. Also underneath is a place to haul around diapers and stuff. It's REALLY COOL! I KNOW that baby monitors are cool too, but this way you can keep an eye on things. And Molly's hearing isn't always so good. hehehe....boy am I salesman or what?

fiona said...

That bassinet sounds terrific, what a great deal! All those handy attachments! Second-hand baby stores are addicting. Hmmm...second-hand baby STUFF stores, I mean. I take it we hafta wait till he's born to find out his name? Sigh. That's what we did, not so fun on the other end of it... ;)

Shannon said...

That bassinet is perfect. Annie was loving it the other night even though she looks very long for it.