Saturday, August 2, 2008

A Not So Lucky Month of July

We are celebrating July being over with. It started out great... a family reunion camping trip and all that... but the weekend following the campout the poo hit the fan at our house. Ha-Ha!

Things broke and had to be replaced:

1.) All four tires on my subaru. The day after I got back from the campout I was heading out to replenish the refrigerator and what do you know, I had a flat tire. WAY FLAT. There is still a mark from the wheel rubbing through the rubber out the garage and down the driveway. Fortunately I noticed a few blocks down the road from the house. I guess it was so bad it was irrepairable which means you have to replace ALL the tires. yuck! Not to mention or rub this in but we had just sold our other little impreza wagon and threw in the extra tires we had laying around. duh. I guess we learned that if we ever have an extra set of tires to just keep them around. lol.

2.) The living room ceiling light/fan. The light went "pop!" and would not work anymore. I know this seems like a small deal, but that fan costs $160 new. Luckily we gave our old one to my parents and my dad was able to salvage it. The dimmer feature broke which we use a lot so would have replaced it anyway. Other than that the "broken" one works just fine. So maybe it was more of a vain replacement.

3.) Camera. Hence the new wide angle pics of Dominic that I just posted. We just got another Kodak EasyShare (but the new Z1012 IS). I'm really liking the upgraded features, but would have liked to not have had to replace the camera in the first place. ohwell...

4.) Monitor. Newly added. John reminded me that one of my monitors of my dual monitor setup died too (yes, for those of you who don't know... you can have the use of multiple monitors at once on one computer - it's quite efficient!). This really put a cramp in my day. It was a Dell flat panel.... funny thing though is that John's old Samsung, our very first flat panel back when they were uber-expensive (I think he paid like $350 for it) is still alive. Luckily we have no shortage of computers or monitors at our house. John doesn't use his desktop PC often so... I just stole his Dell widescreen. Now I've got this nice new (bright - nice contrast) wide monitor dualed with a frumpy-dump (dull and dim) square Samsung. But whatever works. Better than just one single monitor. I won't be replacing any monitors anytime soon.... I'm not quite THAT vain. haha.

I feel like there is more... haha...well there is, it's just doctor stuff though and that's just how life goes. So I just felt like venting about our money sucking month of July.

We are really looking forward to September 2nd! One month from today we will both officially be owners of iPhones! Yes, we are joining the ever-growing army of iPhone addicts! WE CAN'T WAIT! (we get a $200/discount each phone if we wait until Sept.).

4 comments:

zachariah said...

When it rains it poors!!

Rochelle said...

Bad things always happen in 3's it seems. So Dan jimmy rigged your broken fan. It works interestingly now. There is an ugly pull string thingy coming out of the middle of the light so we can actually turn off the light now and still have the fan going. Dan is the MacGyver of the fix it world. But despite it's makeover it's keeping me cool now by my computer.

heidi and Doug said...

ohhh zac is right when it rains it pours thats why we all horde money right ?? LOL just kidding

hey dominic is ADORABLE i just love him

Molly said...

haha! love the "when it rains is POORS" ... LOL... I guess I just overruled my mom's comment regarding threes (with the monitor that took a dump). ohwell! what can you do but laugh at the luck.