Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Another Year, A Week to Celebrate!

Monday was John's birthday (Happy 37 honey!!). We have been celebrating for over a week now.

I threw a surprise party that wasn't a surprise at all, on July 27th because my family would be out of town for his real day. You can get a great overview of that party from my mom's post "Happy Birthday You Old Poop!". If you haven't seen it, you should. She has all the photos from that day because our new camera was still on it's way. Aside from the radically disgusting poop themed cake....I especially loved the shot of John clobbering Daniel with a cooler full of water (remains from the water balloon fight).... and don't forget all the unicyclists. What a family circus!

Anyway... I threw another party this past Sunday (3rd) for John's family. His Mom (Linda), brother (Ken), our sister-in-law (Jen) and our niece (Taylor) came over for a pasta lunch, cake and fun of course!
After lunch we played with a cool water toy that Taylor had gotten for her birthday and had been dying to use.

Then we busted a pinata (from Ken, Jen & Tay-Tay). John's FIRST pinata ever in his 37 years! His dad's side is Mexican so I find that pretty funny.After all the outside fun we finished it off with a little Trackmania (looks like such a serious game!)...


...and more laughs and giggles with Grammy.It's sooo tiring playing all day... whew! Happy Birthday Daddy!

Monday, John's REAL birthday... FINALLY! John and I got to go out to dinner and a movie thanks to my mom (gramsy) for watching Dominic. We got to so see The Dark Knight and went out to Si Casa Flores. It was a nice relaxing afternoon/evening.

The week of celebration came to a close. :) But what a fun one it was!

3 comments:

Molly said...

note: the poor quality of the camera shots on the inside pictures (end of post) were due to the camera megapixels being at like 2.5 instead of the 10MP available! argh~ we didn't realize until the end of the day. :(

fiona said...

His FIRST pinata?? For shame! ;) My little group in my 7th gr. Spanish class actually made a pinata that looked a lot like that one, but multi-colored. It was awesome. I hung in in my room for a loooong time. Anyway, happy birthday, John! Way to stretch it out! And that beach ball/sprinkler toy looks fun...

Rochelle said...

I want a beach ball sprinkler toy! John had a super fun birthday this year that's for sure! Great videos and pics!