Friday, August 8, 2008

Elvis Lives in Joseph Hall

For anyone who isn't keeping up on America's Got Talent, I must update you on one of my latest favorites - Elvis Presley in the body of Joseph Hall. This kid is 23 yrs old, never had voice lessons and totally has that 50's Elvis look down. Not like the cheesy Las Vegas acts. I personally would pay to see him in concert!

We haven't watched the show much, but we start too later in the game when it's more interesting and there are not as many kooks to sit through.

Here (below) in his first performance he nailed it!




This next performance is a little off. I think he got a lot of flack for NOT sounding like Elvis here. If you got to hear the commentary afterward, Joseph Hall admitted it was difficult not having the screaming crowd to pump up his performance. I think also as a viewer, it was weird not having a screaming crowd to accompany the Elvis performance as we all have that image of Elvis and his screaming lady-fans. haha. I still think he's one of the #1 performers, even with his bad night and I hope his confidence stays up for his next performance.



I'm a totally oldies music buff so I hope this kid makes it through. If anything, he could get kicked off tomorrow and still make something for himself. What do you guys think?

2 comments:

fiona said...

Oh, he's GOOD! I LOVE Elvis, and he's got the look and the sound. I don't watch this show, but will looking and sounding just like someone be considered talent enough? I think he's very talented, I just wonder what they go for. Now I want to watch an Elvis movie. Also, Jerry Springer is on this?? What the...??

Rochelle said...

I Love this guy's act also! He is THE BEST Elvis impersonator! Someone should grab him up!