Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Inchworm: 30 weeks


  • Dominic is about 15.7 inches long now
  • He weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage).
  • A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in my uterus.
  • His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from his face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

Everything is going really well for me. Yes Fiona, it is quite cute when Dominic gets the hiccups. His constant squirming is my favorite though. Getting a foot to stick out is funny and very entertaining, I couldn't imagine having two of him in there. John's grandma is still convinced we are having twins. haha! She was at the last ultrasound too. She wants twins so bad.

I have my last monthly Dr. Appointment tomorrow. Then it's on to every two weeks. What a hassle. haha. We are signed up for Lamaze classes the first weekend of March. We are doing it like a Marathon. The class is a Sat/Sun 9am-4pm both days... and that's it! I was not looking forward to 7wks of this, so we're both pretty stoked. Hope I remember everything by the time we pop. haha.


I thought this shot was really cute! It was on babycenter.com where I get my weekly updates.

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

That is a really cute picture! He sure is getting BIG huh? We're getting closer! yippee!

fiona said...

Hee, hee...perhaps there's a verrry sneaky twin hiding in there ;) We did an all-day class, too...it was long, but you get it done at once! Besides, I heard ya forget a lot of it in the moment anyway, but nurses, etc. tend to remind you what to do, supposedly ;) Not that I know anything about it, since I never even went into labor...can you believe you're in the 30+weeks now??? Wow!

Saunders Family said...

I love the name and he is soooo cute I can't wait to meet though I am sure you are excited for that yourself
Maria

Dan said...

Thats got to be about the size of Ben when He was born.
Maybe a little longer.
More belly race pictures, there great.
Dad