Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Day with the Three Musketeers

Last Wednesday we decided to go to Storytime at the Jacksonville (Oregon) Library. I met a new friend, Ulana ("you-lane-uh") at the grocery store and she had invited me to come. She has an 8-month old boy named Lawson. Robyn decided to come, but she was also babysitting, Gavin, her other nephew. Gramsi also came along. I don't think we would have survived without her there! So here we are, each with a baby. Gavin is about 10 1/2 mos old, Alex is about 10mos and Dominic is about 9 1/2 mos. They are all about 3-weeks apart basically. ha-ha. What an adventure.

The moment we showed up, Alex charged right to the center of the room and sat next to a little girl like he was her buddy and just soaked it all in...."WOW KIDS! I'M IN HEAVEN!" He was being really good and non-bashful going around "meeting" all the kids. Gavin of course started to join in although he was more interested in the "Happy Birthday" sign up front than meeting any of the kids.

I didn't get any good pictures of Dominic at Storytime. He was just chill'n in Gramsi's arms the whole time other than trying to chew on someone's crochet book in front of us. Here is our new friend Lawson. He is 8 months old and not yet crawling. LOL
After Storytime we decided to go out to lunch. GREAT IDEA! ha! Three of us, three babies and lunch in a tiny little tea shop. It was actually not that bad. I imagine Fiona managing two babies by herself and I'm sure our adventure was a breeze. Aside from the extremely grumpy waitress and 30 minute wait for sandwitches, we had a great time and delishous food.Left to Right: Alex, Robyn, Gavin, Gramsi and Dominic.

After lunch we checked out a thrift shop. Not that great. And this toy shop.... super great! Dominic threw trains around while Robyn played the puppet master with Alex and Gavin.

Robyn is the true artist when it comes to making puppets come to life. Gramsi should have a pretty funny video coming soon with their new monkey friend Herman.

Gramsi and Dominic played kick ball.... so of course mommy had to buy Dominic a ball. I figure it's one of those toys that will never become outdated. He loves to throw balls too.
We are planning on going to the Jacksonville Storytime again this week, but Brooke, Gavin's Moma is going to come instead of Gramsi. It should be pretty fun.

Lastly, I took these shots with my iPhone which is a complicated matter when shooting babies as they move lightening fast. The iPhone doesn't have a quick "shutter speed" on it so some can be a little blurry. I thought they were pretty decent though.

5 comments:

Rochelle said...

The table and floor of the 'Tea' room was a mess when we finished! LOL! I love playing ball with Dominic. I think he's going to play all sorts of ball sports someday.

Molly said...

....So my friend Ulana has corrected me for probably the 3rd time so far since meeting her. Her name is pronounced, YOU-LA-NAH. :) "Like a Llama!" she said, but I still fail to get it right! Wow. I am dense.

I told her to give me a break because it was 2am when I was posting. LOL ... but honestly, I think it still wouldn't have made a difference. Good thing she has a sense of humor about her name.

Sutherlands said...

It was a very fun day! I was very thankful for the man-on-man defense. I don't know how Fiona does it 24 hrs a day! Well, I'll give Z some credit for being home for part of that time, but still! I watch Gavin three days a week for four hours and some days I am very grateful that I only have one "full-time" kiddo! Anyways, it was a great day for all of us!

Anonymous said...

Loved the photos of the day out with babies. Cute babies and three bleary eyed sleep deprived mamas. Boy do I remember those days fondly. Soak it up.

fiona said...

Fun! And tiring! Yes, life is much easier when Z's home to help, but luckily I don't know any other way. I'll be the first to agree that even one babe can be difficult, otherwise why would 2 be so hard sometimes? I really wish we had a library nearby! I love them, and can't wait to let my kids enjoy them. It's great that y'all get to do so much stuff together. And you got good pics with your phone!