Thursday, April 3, 2008

Inchworm: 36 wks / Preeclampsia

Hello everyone, no fun picture this week because I have to keep it short. I'm supposed to be on bed rest now. UGH! seriously lame. We had another hike scheduled for this weekend too! :( muy mal...

Don't be confused... Here's the gist of it, in short...

I had a dr. appt. this morning. Results: Blood pressue (which is normally very low) was VERY high for me so I got red flagged and had to hang out and be monitored. Then I got sent to the hospital for more monitoring and to check out some lab work.... been there ALL DAY.

Luckily I got sent home with a 1/2 gallon plastic container to collect ALL of my pee within a 24hr period. LOL. This is, from what I gathered, to check how much protien is coming out my urine and totally missing going to the baby. The Dr was threatening to induce and have him today if my lab results were crazy. Basically my results indicate that I'm going have a mild form of preeclampsia and I have to be monitored.

I feel JUST FINE and the monitoring of the baby was also fine.

From the Dr. Appt. - I'm dialated to 2cm and my cervix is thinning already which is good that my body is naturally taking that path to birth, but he's not due for another month (may 5th). We do hit 37-wks in well, a week so that would be preferable to wait to have him then. Giving him another week of growth. Oh and his head is and has been down (she felt his head while checking the exit path).

We have another checkup tomorrow starting with an ultrasound and dr appt to follow. So I will have more news tomorrow.... or disappear for a bit if we end up having him. ;)

Reasons the Dr. might send us in to have him would be:

  • If the ultrasound displays little or no growth of the baby from the one two weeks ago.
  • If my blood pressure still goes crazy (higher I guess?) or if anything weird happens between tonight and tomorrow

I'm strictly on bed rest which I wasn't too disappointed with until they said I couldn't even do very much computer work. grrr... I am also irritated at not being able to go on at least a neighborhood walk because the weather is really fantastic!

So that's it, now I have to get off the computer for the evening... oh wait, here's a link about Preeclampsia

4 comments:

fiona said...

Ugh! Sorry you have to deal with that! At least you're being well-monitored (1/2 gallon of pee...nice...) So, wow! Dominic might be making his grand entrance soon! Hopefully you can keep him in a bit longer, but at least he'll be totally okay if not, obviously ;) We'll definitely be checking for updates.

Rochelle said...

You naughty girl! When I left you today you said you were going to lay on the couch. I check google reader and lo and behold you were on the computer! LOL! Have fun having no fun!

Anonymous said...

well now you get to know what bedrest is like good luck with your dr.s appt :) i will call later to see how you are doing

-Heidi

zachariah said...

So does that mean my painting is on hold AGAIN?!?! Just joking, that stinks, bedrest would drive me crazy. Hope the next tests put you in the clear.