Friday, April 4, 2008

Inchowrm: 37 wks (Major Updates - NO Preeclamsia)

I guess I should update everyone on our status. I kinda left you hanging after the last post. So last weeks post was I believe how last Thursday (apr. 3rd) went, Friday continues like so...

John and I started at 8AM to get ready for the Dr's office and prepare for whatever the day would give us (possibly delivering little DJ). We had started preparing the night before by washing ALL of the baby clothing in the house...being VERY thankful for little Preston's hand-me-downs from Heidi & Douge, which have filled Dominic's dresser drawers to the brim! We haven't really bought anything clothes-wise yet because I was having my "baby shower" (open house) on Saturday and a lot of people generally buy clothing. Anyway, the only thing we hadn't done was to take a trip to the fire station for our car seat check.

Back to the day...

So off we go with our hospital stuff packed and hoping we won't end the day there. We had an ultrasound scheduled first followed by a doctor appointment. We had just done one two weeks prior to this one and Dominic had been measuring 2-wks on the small side. Which was an additional concern leading to the preeclamsia - which can leave the baby malnutritioned and with less oxygen and bloodflow. That's why they choose to evacuate your baby when you have this condition. So anyway, our results were that Dominic had a huge growth spurt in that two weeks and had grown THREE weeks within that two week period. GOOD NEWS! *sigh* Everything else measured and looked healthy too.

At the Dr. appointment my blood pressure was still up a bit. My regular (low) blood pressure is around 100/60 and I had jumped to 121/98 .... they weren't too happy about that. I think we did more monitoring and another blood pressure check... it's all a blur with this weeks events. They finally let us go, but with strict instructions for bed rest (ugh!) and three appointments for the following week. Our day was still not done.... we had to drop my jug-o-pee off at the hospital at a certain time which we were keeping on ice (haha) on the back seat. So we had some lunch and then off to the hospital. The urine drop off did not go as smoothly as we imagined and John ended up having to wheel me inside on a wheelchair (EMBARRASSING!!) to clear everything up. FINALLY got out of there and on our way home stopped by the Central Point Fire Dept. for the carseat check and install. This went well, I'm going to post separate on it. What an exhausting morning/day.

The Dr. called us that night to let us know that my urine was fine and we weren't at Preeclamsia levels. They were checking the amount of protein going out of my body through urine. I don't know what these numbers mean, but to have preeclamsia you have to hit "300" ... mine was a little high, but not enough to worry about at "180". This made her VERY relieved and we got off the hook for a Sunday run to the hospital to check my blood pressure. yay!

Saturday rolls around, Baby Shower Day. I'll also post separate on that. :) So that takes all day... Then Sunday, just trying to relax... we had scheduled a hike and mountain biking for dad and John ...which of course, I was banned from the hiking. We just went out to my parents and I got to hang out while Dad and John did a bike ride in Grants Pass. Robyn and Paul showed up ... Robyn was a little uncomfortable... more so than normal... and ah-ha!

Now onto this week. Whew! It never seems to stop! We were scheduled for a Tues and Thurs appointments...but lets start with Monday...

Monday morning, 5am rolls around and I get a call from my mom telling me that Robyn's water really broke and she's at the hospital. We had been thinking Robyn would have a long labor, WRONG! Her labor lasted under 2hrs. Lucky duck! I hope mine goes that well. Such a blurry morning though. I didn't sleep well.... after I finally did get up that morning I realized I had a horrendous head cold/sore throat. I was really bummed because I wanted to go visit my new nephew! I still did of course... terrible going in sick, but ohwell. He seems to have survived. ;)

We had them check my blood pressure while I was at the hospital (not the one we're delivering at) and it was like 130/85 ... the numbers had split ways ... we weren't really sure if that was good or bad so we stopped by our dr. office. They just re-checked my pressure and did a quick urine test (my dr. wasn't in that day), said it was OK and we should just come in on Tuesday at our appointment.

I think I'll post this now... I'll continue our Tuesday - 9hr. dr/hospital day and the rest of the week later. Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm alive and well, with no baby yet. :) We're all doing great.

Dominic hits 37 wks today. YAY! We are safe to deliver for sure at any time....


2 comments:

fiona said...

Well, that's good news! I'm so glad everything is going better!

I had to go to the ER at 10 weeks for passing out during a blood draw (totally the nurse's fault) and falling off the stool. I bonked my head and my neck was sore. I was sooo embarrassed, b/c she called the paramedics and they strapped me to a body board and wheeled me through my OB's office and the building. At least I could only see the ceiling and not anyone else. Then it was into the ambulance to go across the street to the hospital. Mortifying. And I didn't get to finish my appt., I was ticked. No wheelchairs, though :P Dignity and pregnancy do not mix.

Well, guess you're as ready as ya can be, really...I can't wait to see Dominic!

heidi and Doug said...

thats great that it didntturn into preeclampsia say hito dominic for me

love heidi