Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Dr. Appt. Update

Dominic get's a big gold star for todays doctor appointment. :)

Today's report:
  • Blood Pressure: 116/70 - HURRAY!!
  • Cervix is thinning further (not that all you guys out there really want to know that)
  • Haven't lost the groty mucus plug (again, sorry guys)
  • Still only dialated to about 2cm
  • His head has dropped further down which I think I have felt the results of that in my lower back more.

John is predicting that he'll come this Monday (21st) and will be around 7lbs. I would LOVE for that to happen, but considering I haven't been feeling contractions yet and the mucus plug is still in tact (that I know of), I have my doubts. It is still only Tuesday (today) though so we'll see. Our Dr will be out of town this Wednesday thru Sunday, so he's not allowed to come then! We discovered that if our Dr is not available (out of town) then we get whoever is on call. This doesn't mean from OUR Dr's office. It means whoever in the valley is on rotation at the hospital. I was thinking we would at least get someone from our office. I'm sure this is no suprise to all of you who have had kids, but well really, that sucks! Ohwell, there is nothing we can do about it.

So no stress today. Everyone was quite happy and we made it out of the office in a timely manner. We are still on bedrest because it obviously helped, but we don't have to keep going in more than once a week for strict monitoring or more ultrasounds. Thank goodness!

4 comments:

Ben said...

YAAAYY!!!! You say Monday, I say Tuesday 22nd!!!

(That was a scientific prediction...so of course it will be right!)

fiona said...

Yippee, go Dominic! I can't wait to see the little guy1

Dan said...

Will if we going to predicted.
Lets say, I call it for Friday about oh, 2:33AM.
This is just about he time you have got to sleep really good and it all start happing. Love you Molly and Dominic.
Dad

Rochelle said...

I'm going to guess the 29th because that's Daniel's birthday. He will weigh 7lbs. 3 oz.