Friday, June 27, 2008

Not Quite Heavy Enough

The last few weeks have been fun seeing Dominic grow and change. He has gradually started getting interested in objects (floor toy, a small rattle, swing lights + toys) and sounds. This week he has become SUPER interested enough to entertain himself for at least 30 minutes or so twice a day. This is nice for me... working from home and all.
Our morning usually starts at 7 or 8 AM. He wakes up and wants to "play" and poo. Every morning at 7 or 8 AM I have to prop him up on a pillow so he can fill his diaper. It's pretty funny. He's quite scheduled with his nighttime/morning routine and his daily napping changes weekly depending on what we're doing.

So back to entertainment of objects. Now that I can see him being entertained, I've had my eye open for some toys. We did buy a Johnny-Jump-Up because he LOVES to stand and holds his head and body up so well. He's just a tad too small and unstable for that yet (of course)... BUT I came across this Fischer Price Rainforest Jumparoo on craigslist. I picked it up for $45. It was bought in January this year and only used a couple of times. Her little girl didn't like it.


John re-assembled it this morning and we put Dom in it. HA-HA! He is not quite heavy enough for the shortest setting. I do realize that your baby is generally supposed to be 4-6mos before expecting them to use one of these. He was fairly entertained by the experience. I put some books under his feet so that he could stand easier (being 6 inches or so off the ground!).

6 comments:

Rochelle said...

That's so cool! Great Buy!

heidi and Doug said...

I love it I would put preston in his excersaucer at 2.5 to 3 months he loved it now we use it as a high chair at work... lots of food on this guy

heidi and Doug said...

ummm i dont know what i was trying to say at the end of that comment.. preston was trying to eat electrical cables so i had to rescue him....

fiona said...

So nice that he'll entertain himself for a while now, yay for you! Even if he's a little too small right now, at least he enjoyed the new experience. Those rainforest jumpers, etc. are really cute. Also, I love how your hair looks, so nice and thick and getting long!

Megan and Greg said...

He is a cutey. He'd grown so much when we just saw you guys!!! I love how his feet don't touch the floor in that pic! So cute!

Sutherlands said...

Great buy! he looks so cute in it !